Visiting Versailles

As my journey in Paris continues, the exploration of this city has officially begun. In this post I want to talk about my visit to Château de Versailles.

This beautiful castle was first built in 1623 by Louis XIII is was intended to be a lodge with brick and stone, and it was until in 1661 Louis XIV enlarged this lodge and made it into a royal palace. It can be said that since, it became the home of several kings and their families. Château de Versailles throughout the years went through infrastructural expansions and changes in design which can be appreciated today inside as part of its history and chronology.

Each room here is surrounded by art and details that transported me to that time period, I could not help but imagine myself in a different era and daydream about how life must have been in this beautiful castle. I honestly did not think places like this could still exist in this era. My whole time there I felt like I was in one of these movies that portrayed the life of monarchs and the people during that time period.

This place is not only surrounded by art; this place itself is a piece of art in every aspect. Every detail in each room, the halls, the walls, ceilings, and every piece of furniture; all preserved with great care and meticulous attention to details blew my mind away.




The garden was my favorite part of the visit, just like the castle the garden has been taken care of with a lot of love and hard work. This garden so simple, yet so complex in design, size and detail put into it. I could not register the complexity and the different feelings I encountered while I was sitting down and just looking at its mind blowing beauty.

It didn’t matter that it was a rainy, cold, and grey day it just felt like a great experience to be part of. I may be going there soon to see the Fall and the leaves fall at the garden.


One of the places that should be a MUST whenever you come to Paris.













Comments